Originally named as Detroit Federal Building and US Courthouse, the Detroit courthouse occupies 629,000 square-feet and was constructed in April of 1932, with completion following in March of 1934. The building features elements of neo-classical revival architecture with modern details on its exterior, as seen with its symmetrical, rectangular windows. In 1995, it was later renamed as Theodore Levin US Courthouse after Theodore Levin, a federal judge appointed by President Harry Truman in 1946.
From the collection of Fred Bodin of Gloucester, MA. Fred was a long time resident and well-known photographer of Gloucester and had one of the best private collections of New England nautical photographs in private hands. Fred was a photojournalist having graduated with this degree from Syracuse University and worked for Yankee Magazine. Fred passed away in 2016 and HIP purchased his collection from his estate.