Photograph of the FitzRandolph undergraduate gates leading to Princeton University from about 1930. These gates were always permanently shut in the past, with the exception of the passing a graduating class, and were built in 1905 at the bequest of Agustus Van Winkle. They were permanently opened in 1970.
From the collection of Fred Bodin of Gloucester MA. Fred was a long time resident and well-known photographer of Gloucester and had one of the best private collections of New England nautical photographs in private hands. Fred was a photojournalist having graduated with this degree from Syracuse University and worked for Yankee Magazine. Fred passed away in 2016 and HIP purchased his collection from his estate.